Pre & PostArrival Procedures
To ensure the elimination of this particular pest, it is important to adhere to the following procedures. Failure to do so could void gaurantees and possibly treatment altogether.
- Clean home very well prior to pest control visit. When the home is clean it will be much harder for roaches to find food sources
- Remove EVERYTHING on, inside, above and below kitchen cupboards, closets, counter-tops and sinks. Your entire Kitchen and Kitchen closet should be empty.
- Remove EVERYTHING from under bathroom sinks and clear spaces around toilets and tubs.
- Mop/scrub kitchen and other hard floors and woodwork with detergent. Thoroughly vacuum carpeted floors.
- After vacuuming, take the vacuum cleaner outside, remove the vacuum bag, seal it, and discard in trash. Take a damp cloth and wipe down the entire vacuum cleaner.
- Always keep garbage in closed containers and take out the garbage every night. Discard all excess paper products and any other piles of trash, as these will provide harborage areas for roaches and other pests.
- Store and/or cover baby toys, supplies, crib mattress, changing table, etc.
- Clean Your Kitchen Appliances. Roaches in the kitchen can live off grease and food spills beneath and behind your appliances. Clean the stove, refrigerator, microwave, toaster, dishwasher, and around the kitchen sink.
- Repair any water leaks immediately upon detection; apartment residents should report the leak to maintenance immediately upon detection.
- Store and/or cover pet toys, food, etc.
- Depending on the severity of infestation, It may be necessary to throw out appliances. RPM will advise.
- If anyone in the home has special allergy problems, is pregnant, or is under the age of one please inform us prior to the start of service and precautions will need to be taken. All people and pets must stay out of the area being serviced for 4 hours after treatment. The chemical needs time to dry and it is not safe to enter until then.
- Depending on the severity of the infestation multiple treatments may be necessary. If you are still seeing cockroaches 2 weeks after treatment please call 616.676.PEST  to setup an inspection
- Keep home clutter free and clean.