Pre & Post
You are recieving these instructions because fleas have been in or near your unit. To ensure the elimination of this pest, it is important to adhere to the following procedures.
- Strip the beds and remove slipcovers from furniture. Wash them in detergent and the hottest water that the fabrics can stand.
- Vacuum and wash any pet beds or furniture. Bedding that is put in the trash should be put in a sealable plastic bag and disposed in an exterior trash can.
- Dispose of vacuum cleaner bags in a trash container outside your home, close tightly. If using a vacuum with a re-usable bag, empty contents into container outside your home, close tightly, and discard. Wash reusable bag in hot water.
- Vacuum furniture. Again, throw away the bag. If you’ve been thinking about getting carpet or furniture shampooed or steam-cleaned, this would be a good time to do it. (Just make sure to allow sufficient time for them to be completely dried before the treatment.)
- Cover and store any open food products, dishes or utensils. Remove all movable items from the floor to give our technician as unobstructed access as possible to the floors and carpeting. Mop all wood, tile and vinyl floors.
- Have your pets treated for fleas by a veterinarian at the same time we treat your home. We believe the “Flea Pill” is most effective.
- Remove all caged pets before service. Pet food containers and bowls should be stored away.
- Fish tanks are to be covered with plastic wrap, and pumps turned off until reoccupying home.
- If anyone in the home has special allergy problems, is pregnant, or is under the age of one, please let us know. Additional precautions may need to be taken.
- Keep pets and children away during treatment.
- People and Pets must remain out of the home until insecticide has dried thoroughly (~4 hours). It is essential to allow this time and ensure that the home is completely aired out before allowing sensitive individuals, such as small children or vulnerable pets back into the home.
- No Mopping or water-cleaning after treament until approved by RPM. Sweeping and vacuuming is ok.
- Clean countertops and any food prep areas with soap and water before re-using them.
- Vacuum at least once a day for 2 weeks following treatment. Bags should be immediately thrown in trash outside.