Pre & PostArrival Procedures
To ensure the elimination of this particular pest, it is important to adhere to the following procedures. Failure to do so may result in in-effective treatment and voided gaurantees.
- Remove all linens, blankets, sheets covers, bath towels, drapes, curtains, throws, rugs, etc from all beds and rooms and place them inside sealed plastic bags. Take the bags to the Laundromat for cleaning. Wash these items on the highest heat settings possible with bleach. Dry them using high heat settings as well then reseal them in new bags. Do not open the sealed bags until the bed bug treatment is completed.
- Remove all items from inside the drawers, closets, chests and under-the-bed storage. All Coats and Clothes should be placed inside plastic bags and washed. Shoes and slippers should be ran through dryer on hottest heat. Do not bring clean items back into unit until after treatment.
- Remove any pet toys and feeding bowls. Place them safely away for the duration of the Treatment.
- Ensure bedrooms are completely stripped and devoid of any delicate items. Remove anything hanging on bedroom/living room walls and place out of treatment area.
- Enclose/cover appliances, music systems etc in cabinets where possible.
- Strip sofas of their pillows and wash pillow cases and covers in HOT water.
- Move all furniture at least 18 inches away from the walls.
- Remove outlet covers.
- Inspect books, electronics, picture frames, plastic toys etc. These items cannot be washed and must be stored in clean storage bins.
- Prior to the start of any bed bug treatment, vacuum all rooms, chairs, sofas and other upholstered items VERY well focusing on nooks and crannies. Hard wood floors can be washed using a cleaning solution. To prevent bed bugs and larvae from escaping, seal all vacuum bags in plastic bags and dispose of them.
- Purchase high quality mattress covers for all mattresses/box springs in the home.
- Ensure all rooms are free of clutter. Clutter gives bed bugs a place to hide.
- Cover and store any open food products, dishes or utensils before service is rendered.
- If the infestation is deemed severe enough it may be necessary to dispose of any box springs in your home.*Speak with RPM
- Keep pets and children away during and after the treatment.
- People and Pets must remain out of the home until insecticide has dried thoroughly (~4 hours).It is essential to allow this time and ensure that the home is completely aired out before allowing sensitive individuals, such as small children, or vulnerable pets back into the home.
- No Mopping or wet-cleaning after treament until approved by RPM. Sweeping is ok.
- Clean countertops and any food prep areas with soap and water before re-using them.